CW Research’s “Global Dry Bulk Cargo Market and Forecast Report” provides an in-depth and data-oriented analysis of dry bulk cargo international trade flows.
The report covers historical data from 2016-2021E as well as providing a 5-year outlook on the future of the market till 2026F of international trade in tons for major and minor dry bulk commodities.
Interregional trade routes are sized in tons and forecast for both major (iron ore, coal and grain) and minor commodities (bauxite, cementitious products, forest products, phosphates, steel products, other). Major commodities are further detailed according to grades (e.g. thermal and coking coal). Additional insight on seasonality, bulker size (Capesize, Panamax, Supramax, Handysize) and bulker type (geared bulk carriers, gearless carriers and self-dischargers) is provided for the trade routes.
This report is meant to aid decision making for dry bulk commodity traders, charterers and port operators who need to understand the existing and future supply-demand balance of the various commodities. Detailed information on trade and outlook act as a backbone for well balanced and informed investment decisions on a regional and global scope.
The information is provided in a data-rich format that combines qualitative insights with extensive facts and data series to allow readers to make critical business decisions. By leveraging CW Research’s recognized and proven research capabilities in a highly accurate and precise format, the Global Dry Bulk Cargo Market and Forecast Report is an indispensable tool to all professionals who wish to effortlessly navigate the complexities of the dry bulk cargo industry.
Scope of the report
2. Executive summary
3. Dry bulk cargo trade
- Major traders on the market
- Dry bulk handling equipment innovation
- Macroeconomic analysis
- Dry bulk shipping global analysis
4. Trade routes overview
- Top interregional trade routes assessment
- North America – Asia Pacific/Western Europe
- Western Europe – Asia Pacific/North America
- Africa –Asia Pacific/Western Europe
- Latin America – Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe & CIS – Asia Pacific
- Bulker size preferences by trade route
- Bulker type preferences by trade route
5. Commodity trade route assessments (Historical analysis, regional overview, oversupplied and undersupplied regions, risks and outlook)
- Major commodities
- Iron ore (crude iron and direct-shipping iron)
- Coal (thermal and coking)
- Grain (maize, soybeans, wheat, other)
- Minor commodities
- Cementitious products
- Forest products
- Steel products
6. Regional overview (North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe & CIS, Africa, Middle East, Asia Pacific)
- Regional differences
- Competitive advantages
- Market opportunities
- Major facilities
- Number of dry bulk terminals
- Regional supply-demand imbalances
- Country close-ups (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Colombia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Ukraine, US)
7. Company Profiles – Trading companies: Archer Daniels Midland, Bunge, Cargill, Glencore, Noble, Rio Tinto, Vale
8. Data Tables
- Selected views
- Who is this report for?
The Global Dry Bulk Cargo Market and Forecast Report is a unique product in the market prepared by a group of advisors and analysts with proven long time experience in the dry bulk commodities market worldwide.
The report provides:
- Comprehensive: Competitiveness evaluation of major and minor commodity markets
- Informed: Anticipate future market changes, adapting future investment to trends in demand
- Insight: This study brings a forecast report to the industry with a new level of analytical rigor, enabling industry professionals to shape their perspective on markets, priorities and what may be around the corner for world dry bulk commodities markets
- Outlook: Five-year forecast of future trends in dry bulk commodity trading by regions, and an in depth analysis of future trends
- Data: Extensive charts and tables quantifying historical and projected data
This report builds on the CW Group’s industry-leading and proprietary databases and the industry’s most extensive market intelligence platform, and also combines CW Research analysts’ views with inputs from multiple other external analysts, industry associations, market observations, monthly tracking information, discussions with executives and management at cement manufacturing groups, plus a CW Group quantitative overlay model (econometric and statistical quant models).
- Dry bulk commodity traders
- Port operators
- Bulker charterers
- Business leaders
- Strategic planners