CW Research’s “World cement, clinker & slag sea-based trade” report provides an in-depth and data-oriented analysis of seaborne cement, clinker, slag (GBFS) and fly-ash trade.
Trade flows, pricing, trading infrastructure required for this specialized dry bulk cargo shipping sector are detailed, while providing a comprehensive review of terminals, suppliers of cementitious materials to support strategic decisions buy buyers, sellers and shippers alike.
The report also projects key gray cement, white cement, slag, fly ash and clinker supply demand gaps that will sustain world cement trading in for the next few years. Key exporters of cementitious materials, their facilities, and traders are profiled, as well as key ocean-going cement carrier operations and their vessels. Particular emphasis is given to understanding the possible supply options and export terminals around the world and to strategic implications for future supply-side dynamics. Dedicated cement carriers are also analyzed in terms of routes, age, utilization rates and dead-weight tonnage.
Examined trade flows include gray cement, clinker, white cement, and slag, as well as a discussion of fly ash trade, in bag, big-bag, or bulk form. The report projects main flows through 2025 expected to be shipped by ocean-going vessels and also includes prevailing cement trade prices and bulk / dry cargo shipping rates.
Find more information about the report in our press release notes from last year's edition: here and here
Scope of the report:
2. Executive overview
3. Cementitious sea-based trade
- Shipping analysis
4. Sea-based trade by type of cementitious product
- Gray Cement
- White Cement
- Fly Ash
5. Sea-based trade by region: facilities
- North and Central America
- South America
- Middle East
6. Company Profiles - Trading companies: LafargeHolcim Trading, Cementos Argos, Buzzi Unicem, Cimsa, CRH, and others
7. Company Profiles - Shipping companies: KGJ Cement Holding, Baltrader, CTI Group, KC Maritime, Sirios Shipmanagement, United Bulk Carriers
8. Data Tables
- Selected views
- Who is this report for?
- Evaluate the competitiveness of cement, clinker and slag market
- Track cement, clinker and slag prices on a consistent and comparable multi-year basis
- This study brings a forecast report to the industry with a new level of analytical rigor, enabling industry professionals to shape their perspective on markets, priorities and what may be around the corner for world cement markets.
This report builds on the CW Group’s industry-leading and proprietary databases and the industry’s most extensive market intelligence platform, and also combines CW Research analysts’ views with inputs from multiple other external analysts, industry associations, market observations, monthly tracking information, discussions with executives and management at cement manufacturing groups, plus a CW Group quantitative overlay model (econometric and statistical quant models).
- Business leaders
- Strategic planners
- Business development professionals
- Cement, clinker and slag traders
- Shippers and charterers
- Industry analysts and consultants